You can eat it on its own as a really decadent dessert, or use as a filling for cakes. It is very rich and filling, so you only need to a little bit to satisfy even very strong chocolate cravings!
Since the recipe was first posted in 2013, I received lots of comments from people who tried it. Please scroll through to the end to see feedback, opinions and variation ideas.
Use sugar-free cocoa powder
I use Green & Black sugar-free cocoa powder in my recipes – I think it’s the best option if you are in the UK.
If you use a different brand, just make sure it doesn’t have any added sugar.
Choosing a sweetener
Keto Chocolate Mousse
Prep time:10 min | Total time:40 min
Yield: 3 servings
- Unsalted butter – 60g (2oz), softened
- Philadelphia cream cheese – 60g (2oz)
- Fresh double cream (heavy cream in the US), whipped – 90ml (3oz)
- sugar-free cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Truvia or another granulated sweetener to taste – 1 tbsp
- 100% cacao sugar-free chocolate, to decorate (optional)
- Leave butter at room temperature until softened (or blast in the microwave for 10-15 seconds if you haven’t got the time)
- Mix butter with sweetener, keep mixing until completely blended
- Add cream cheese, blend completely into a smooth mass
- Add cocoa powder, blend completely
- Whip double cream and gradually add to the rest of the mixture, mixing well
- Spoon into small glasses and decorate with shavings of dark chocolate
- if you have the time, refrigerate for 30 mins or so – it will taste even nicer.
As mentioned, this is a bit of a fat bomb!
Per serving: 335 calories, 1.5g net carbs, 37g fat, 2g protein
For the total mixture, using amounts listed above:
1010 calories, 4.5g net carbs, 7g protein, 110g fat
Recipe by , published on
Lovely MandaPanda made a YouTube video of this recipe – check it out!
If you enjoyed this recipe, try other Keto mousse variations:
Do you need more Keto dessert recipes?
Try these great cookbooks. Sweet fat bombs make perfect Keto desserts.