Summer is here and berries are in season again. This is good news for us as berries are generally quite low in carbs. They help to fill the gap left by fruit.
One traditional way to have berries is to mix them with cream, whipped or plain. This keto mousse recipe takes that concept a couple of steps further, to form a keto fat bomb comprised mostly of cream, with vanilla and blueberries.
It is creamy, rich and very, very high in fat. Anyone who is not on a ketogenic diet should probably stop reading now! You have been warned.
The recipe clocks up about 4g net carbs, from cream cheese and blueberries. You could lower this by substituting some of cream cheese with more butter or cream instead.
This recipe is based on my very popular keto chocolate mousse from last year. I tweaked the proportions slightly.
I am using blueberries for this recipe, but you can use any other berries instead, or skip that step and just have a vanilla-flavoured mix.
I am using a real vanilla pod but you can also substitute with 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract.
Vanilla keto mousse with blueberries
Prep time:10 min | Total time:10 min
Yield: 3 servings
- Unsalted butter – 30g/1oz
- Double cream (that’s heavy cream in USA) – 90ml/3oz
- Cream cheese – 150g/5oz
- Blueberries – 90g/3oz
- 1 vanilla pod (or 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract)
- Truvia or similar sweetener to taste – I used 3 tbsp
- Leave butter to soften at room temperature
- Mix softened butter with cream cheese and Truvia, blend well
- Cut vanilla pod in half, scrape the seeds out and add them to the mix
- Whip double cream
- Combine butter/cream cheese mix with cream and beat for a couple of minutes
- Lightly crush blueberries and add to the mix
- Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
Per serving: 340 calories, 4g net carbs, 35g fat, 2g protein
Do you need more Keto dessert recipes?
Try these great cookbooks. Sweet fat bombs make perfect Keto desserts.